New to all of this

Cutaneous B-Cell Lymphoma and Lymphedema, Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and Lymphedema, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Kidney and Renal Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Renal Cell Carcinoma, Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Testicular, arm swelling, Skin Cancer, angiosarcoma, kaposi's sarcoma, gallium scan, axillary node dissection, gynecological cancer, axillary reverse mapping, lymphatic cancers, inguinal node dissection, cancer treatment, Complete decongestive therapy for arm lymphedema, lymphedema therapy, intensive decongestive physiotherapy, breast cancer related lymphedema, upper limb lymphedema

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

New to all of this

Postby brink » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:39 pm

I have recently seen my doctor for swelling of both feet and legs. After blood tests and CT Scan he gave me water pills to see if that did not reduce the swelling. Of course it did not help at all and told me I had Lymphedema. I have been looking at all the sites on the web and found this one to be the best. Luckily I found this site because I tripped the other day and found myself leaking fluid. I treated it with Desitin as suggested in another forum. Thank you[/b]
Last edited by brink on Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brink

Postby patoco » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:55 pm

Hi Brink

Super welcome to the family!!

I restock my Desitin supply this morning...a store near me had buy one get one free... :)

Have you been able to see a lymph therapist yet? That will be the next step in controlling the LE.

BTW...I'm an old Florida boy..originally from West Palm...lived in a little town called Auburndale until I was about 15.

Look forward to getting to know you...please don't hesitate to post any questions or concerns.

best to you

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby brink » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:02 pm

No therapist as of yet I am seeing a vascular Dr on the 12th
brink

Return to Lymphedema and Cancer Information